Introducing WLMA Friday Forums
There’s no reason why a little social distancing should stop IMAA members from coming together to share ideas, work through common challenges, and expand our network. Therefore, WLMA would like to introduce our Friday Forums virtual discussion group.
Every other Friday, we will take an hour to discuss topics that are most relevant to you. This is a time for sharing, supporting, and getting to know one another better while addressing important industry issues.
Every other Friday starting at 1:30 PM EST
WLMA Friday Forums are free virtual discussion groups to continue to fulfill our goal of providing individual development, industry knowledge and peer networking through WLMA.
Please pre-register for each Friday Forum which will take place via Zoom at 1:30 PM EST. The access information will be sent to you once you register.
The topics for Friday, May 22nd:
- What is the perception of women in leadership roles in the industry? Is it different?
- What do you think some of the challenges are for women looking to advance their careers in the industry?
- Has your career been affected by bias? What are some ways to address bias both personally and at your company?
The topics for Friday, June 5th:
- What do you think the industry could improve to help women enter into the industry?
- What do you think the industry could improve to help women advance in their careers or take on leadership roles?
- What are some ideas on how to engage younger generations to join our industry and how are companies/individuals utilizing platforms that raise awareness about careers in the aggregate industry?
Check out the IMAA online calendar for future Friday Forums – topics are to be determined for June 19th and July 10th.